Tuesday, August 20, 2013

People often wonder if I only do one drawing a week or so, because I only post a finished piece on my deviant art account a few times a month. In reality though, I'm drawing several drawings a day, they're just meant more for practice than anything.

This is a prime example of what I tend to draw on a daily basis more than anything. I keep a single file for sketches like this, and just create a new layer once I fill one up, and this tends to be how they look. A mix of ideas for full pictures (The one in the center, with the girl leaning on the handrail is the base sketch I did for a picture I finished a few weeks ago.), anatomy studies, and figure studies.

I know a lot of people don't like posting their unfinished images, or studies online, as they feel embarrassed about the quality. But I think it's a good thing, especially for new artists to see these. I know when I first started getting into art many years ago, I somehow got it in my head that the artists I admired only ever did perfectly done images, and never had to do rough sketches or anything like that. Oh how wrong I was. So hopefully my posting here will help other artists who feel self conscious about their art.
Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment